Usual Effects of Mars in 1st House
1st House is also called the ascendant or Lagna and the placement of Mars here creates high energy and a natural aggression in your temperament, whether it is apparent or latent.
Since the 1st house is your foundation & covers your general wellbeing & how well known and successful you would be in life, Mars when placed here shapes your personality in a way that your destiny is created by means of dynamism, hard work, aggression & overt actions in life.
A first house Mars puts you in the position of a leader, whether you wish for leadership or not. Being responsible and leading situations is something you will have to deal with most of your life. When the Mars is positive this leadership comes naturally with a zeal to lead and an ability to lead from the front while a neutral or negative Mars suggests that the leadership comes under covert circumstances or when leadership is thrust upon you.
This position of Mars also shows that the family & life circumstances are influenced by very active & aggressive circumstance at the time of your birth. The drive and energy comes with your imbibing the influences around you into your own personality.
This position of Mars has an impact on your physical appearance creating ruddy & flushed face with the tendency of facial eruptions (minor or major depending on the exact strength of your Mars) occasionally. It would make your eyes piercing & distinctive with well-developed eye brows.
Your nature is aggressive due to the 1st house Mars position and each situation might be handled more impulsively or aggressively, than usual. The level of flexibility would therefore be lower and the tendency to rebel opposing ideas could come more often than not to you. This position does make you pro-active, hardworking, action oriented, and competitive.
Physically this 1st house position of Mars blesses you with a strong composition, high stamina, excellent endurance, an inclination towards fitness and a love for the outdoors or nature.
Mars in first house causes some drawbacks also such as over-aggression, inflexibility, over competitiveness, difficulty in adjusting with circumstances and not willing to accept another person’s point of view when the polarity of Mars is negative. With an abundance in energy, the energy if not well utilized, gets drawn into creating issues, hurdles and problems for others.
A positive Mars in the first house makes you an undisputed leader, driver of situations, an out of the box thinker and an expert strategist to win, whether in life, battlefield or the boardroom. The Zodiac sign, exact degree, conjunction, and influences other planets have on your Mars determines a positive polarity of Mars.
A negative Mars in the first house makes you jealous, angry without purpose, rebellious, and creator of problems. It triggers off health, blood & skin issues. Again the Zodiac sign, exact degree, conjunction and influences other planets have on your Mars determines a negative polarity of Mars.
Some Notable sign placements for Mars in 1st House
- Aries Mars – this is a very favourable position as it gives you positive and aggressive energy that makes you a doer and achiever in life.
- Cancer Mars – with Mars debilitated, this position pulls down positivity and creates depressive thinking and loss of confidence. It still remains good for finances.
- Scorpio Mars – this is again a powerful position but makes your agenda & aggression covert rather than overt. This brings progress but your fixed nature does cause issues in image building.
- Capricorn Mars – with Mars exaltation, this is a powerful position that makes you a leader of men. It does bring chances of injury but promises a high status and success.
Retrograde Mars in 1st house
Retrogression of Mars in the first house will make you erratic and prone to injuries. Your aggression becomes unreliable.
Combust Mars in 1st house
Combustion of Mars makes your aggression behind the scenes and sometimes steals the limelight from you.
Common Yoga positions possible with Mars in 1st House
- Mars here has the ability to cause a MahaPurusha Yoga taking you to great heights.
- There could also be a good Mangal Chandra Yoga if Moon joins in making it great for finances.
- Mars here can also cause Raja Yoga, Dhan Yoga, etc.
Famous People with Mars in 1st house
- Narendra Modi (Politician): In his birth chart Mars is posited in the 1st house own sign (Scorpio sign) which forms a Ruchak Yoga. Mars is placed along with Moon causing a Dhan Yoga. The placement in Scorpio gave the Gujarat riots ill fame during earlier parts of life and worldwide fame in the latter part of life.
- Winston Churchill (Politician): With Mars in 1st house he engineered the Allied Forces towards victory during World War II. This Mars also made him an Army Officer, writer and a powerful politician. The Mercury sign placement brought many controversies and aggressive quotes attributed to him.
- Rajiv Gandhi (Politician): Mars in his chart was placed in the 1st house in Virgo sign. He came into sudden prominence when he became the youngest Prime Minister of India and also became a famous personality world-wide with his modern approach to politics and the drive to clean Indian politics. The negative zodiac sign placement & other influences on this Mars caused his assassination.
- Queen Elizabeth (Royal Personality): She has an exalted Mars in 1st house, which has blessed her with royal status, abundant wealth and popularity in life. In her birth chart Mars is posited with Jupiter in the 1st house which forms another auspicious yoga ‘Guru mangal yoga’ which bestowed her with resources, courage, abundant energy, high optimism, and deep knowledge of philosophy and spirituality.
- Michael Phelps (Sportsperson): In his birth chart Mars is posited in the 1st house in Gemini sign which blesses him with success in sports, immense wealth, and name-fame when he came into prominence as one of the most successful swimmers in the world of sports.
Other Notable people with 1st house Mars
- Akshay Kumar – Indian Movie Star
- Neil Armstrong – World Famous Astronaut
- Sunil Chhetri – Indian Footballer
To get your Natal Mars report, visit https://www.indastro.com/astrology-reports/natal-mars.php