Rahu in First House
Rahu in the first house sharpens your intellect and gives you a desire to expand your knowledge. It could endow you with quick money and unexpected increases in fortune. You could have a keen intellect with a remarkable capacity for learning.
Usual effects of Rahu in First House
Rahu in 1st house of self generally gives positive results. It enhances your intelligence and gives you an inclination to acquire immense knowledge, which comes handy at workplace. You may have a sharp mind with amazing power to grasp what you are being taught. Rahu also makes you very witty which may help you stand out among others when it comes to giving prompt responses.
The 1st house represents self, your feelings, emotions and personality attributes that portray to the world who you are. This house also projects your physical attributes especially your facial features and looks. First house gives an account of your inclination, likes, dislikes, bent towards spirituality, way you behave with people, your strengths, weaknesses and means by which you tend to accrue material possessions.
Rahu in this house may bless you with quick money and sudden gains in wealth. You will not face any crunch of money at any time, though you may have to be careful about not spending it on unnecessary things and unwanted habits.
A positive Rahu in the 1st house brings success in life by all means. Your financial condition will also be good and stable. Your creative instincts will be very sharp and prompt you with new ideas, which you may implement in the workplace and even in routine activities. Here, Rahu attracts people towards you due to your striking personality.
A negative Rahu in the 1st house may make you indulge in immoral ways and means to achieve success. You may be very short tempered and aggressive at times and there may be bursts of anger. You may have a feeling that you are the best and look down upon others.
Some notable sign placements for Rahu in 1st House
- Rahu Taurus: Rahu in Taurus is in exalted position and here it blesses you with immense wealth and financial gains. Your secret sources of income will be very active and rewarding. Sudden profits, especially from foreign deals, will enhance your wealth further. Your prospects of working in an MNC or in a foreign land will be high and will bring good growth in your professional front.
- Rahu Scorpio: Rahu is debilitated in Scorpio and will take you towards a career related to occult sciences or some secretive service. You will possess profound skills pertaining to handling secrets or things of secretive nature like documents or information, etc. Your personality will have an essence of mysteries which would be hard to break by anyone. If debilitated Rahu is posited in 1st house, your personality is full of ambiguities and inscrutabilities.
Common Yoga positions possible with Rahu in 1st House
- Jadatva Yoga: Rahu when combined with Mercury forms the Jadatva Yoga which blesses you with profound communication skills clubbed with good convincing power. You will be very quick in providing solutions to problems with your wit, intelligence and prompt thinking. But this may also cause some issues in your social and financial fronts.
- Anant Kalsarpa Yoga: Rahu when in 1st house may form Anant Kalsarpa Yoga when Ketu is in the 6th house and all planets are gripped between the Rahu-Ketu axis. This boosts your courageous deeds; your actions are very bold and strong. You do not fear enemies and handle them upfront. This, however, brings some ups and downs in married life.
Famous people with Rahu in 1st House
- Raj Kapoor (Indian Actor, Film Producer & Director): He had Rahu in the 1st house which blessed him with all success in life. Rahu with Moon formed a Grahan Yoga in his horoscope due to which he faced many hardships and challenges, making his journey to success tough. He, however, had many favourable yogas in his kundli like Raj Yoga, Vipreet Raj Yoga and Mahapurush Yoga. He was a person of daring and emerged from all adversities to achieve a remarkable place in the Indian film Industry.
- Laloo Prasad Yadav (Indian Politician): A famous political leader, former Chief Minister of Bihar and a Union Railway Minister, his first association with politics was as a student leader in Patna University in 1977. His political career saw a turnaround when he was convicted and sent to jail for a fodder scam.
- Irrfan Khan (Indian Actor): A famous Indian actor, he acted in numerous Hindi movies and also in British and American movies. He won many awards and, at his peak, passed away due to cancer in 2020.
- Michael Jordan (American Basketball Player): A famous NBA basketballer, he came into prominence when his team Chicago Bulls won six NBA titles. He was instrumental in popularising NBA across the world; and is now the owner of an NBA team.
- Charles Dickens (English Writer & Social Critic): His novels and short stories are very popular around the world. He came into prominence with his serial publication ‘The Pickwick Papers’ in 1836.
Other notable people with Rahu in 1st House Rahu
- Rama Prasad Goenka (Indian Business Tycoon)
- Martin Luther King (American Baptist Minister & Human Rights Activist)
- Nicola Tesla (Serbian-American Inventor, Electrical & Mechanical Engineer)
- Glenn Maxwell (Australian Cricketer)