Depression can afflict a person due to malefic position or weak strength of planets & stars in their horoscope. But astrology also has answers to overcome depression. Read the article to learn about them & to know how you deal with depression because of your sign.
Depression can afflict a person due to the malefic position or weak strength of planets and stars in their horoscope. The placement of planets in the horoscope can make a person restless with anxiety as they are not able to handle the stress since they lack mental strength. In fact, the severity or the cause of depression depends upon the planetary configuration in any horoscope.
Nonetheless, it is good to nurture positive thoughts and approach all your scheduled work with this attitude, as thinking excessively in a negative mode, especially subjecting oneself to the need to tune well with everyone’s expectations is very difficult and may lead to depression.
How can the causes of depression be determined astrologically?
Moon is the significator of the mind. Moon, in the celestial cosmos, is receptive of everything that may be good or bad in nature and is happening in any individual surrounding. The combination of Moon with other planets can make one the receiver of happy or unhappy emotions, as a response to any given situation or event in life, and in this manner can be the cause of depression.
- Moon’s association with malefic celestial bodies like Saturn, Rahu and Ketu can pave the way for depression.
- The combination of Moon-Saturn can make the person restricted in nature, where one would want to stay alone, with the extra burden of restricted emotions.
- Moon indicates peace and happiness, but Moon-Ketu combination indicates our sub-conscious thinking process. Ketu represents the south node of the Moon and it is not considered as a heavenly body with shape or mass like other planets; so, it compels us to think beyond the materialistic world.
- Moon’s placement in the 6th, 8th and 12th house in conjunction with any malefic planet or alone is not a positive position and can cause depression.
- A debilitated Moon can also induce depression in an otherwise healthy and happy person when they fail in their professional or personal life. They will tend to brood over their problem rather than focus on finding solutions to overcome them.
Inconvenient Nakshatras for Moon
- Ashlesha Nakshatra is positioned in Moon’s own sign Cancer but it can be responsible for emotional turbulence in a person’s horoscope.
- Moon in Vishakha Nakshatra in any horoscope indicates the loss of mental stability due to jealousy, or a person may succumb to depression.
How to combat depression astrologically?
There are multiple measures that can help a person to keep healthy and stay away from depression.
Colours, for instance, are a very important tool to reduce stress and live a healthy life. Astrology highlights the therapeutic importance of colours as they enable you to reduce stress and bring balance to avoid stress or cure stress. You can wear clothes with these colours or have these colours in your surroundings.
- Light Grey has a soothing effect for your brain.
- Light Pink brings immediate relief from stress as it exudes happiness and purity of life.
How do different Zodiac Signs deal with Depression? Read More
In astrology, it is very easy to detect any individual who is fighting depression by observing the configuration of their horoscope. Nonetheless, to avoid depression, a few things that all of us can practice are: be balanced in our expectations; keep our surroundings positive; and try to live naturally with our life rather than going against it. Nature has the tendency to work against those that work against it.
To learn about the role Astrology can play in diagnosing Mental Health issues, CLICK HERE
Last Updated on July 15, 2022