Every year on October 4, World Animal Welfare Day is celebrated all across the globe. This day is observed all across the world to raise awareness about improving and increasing the animal welfare standards. Animals play a very important role in the protection and conservation of the environment. Different animals play different roles like some animals help in breaking of nutrients to facilitate the food chain process, while others help in decomposition and aiding in the natural cycles. All the animals together help in maintaining the natural ecological balance in the universe.
This celebration of World Animal Welfare Day is important in the terms of caring, protecting and sheltering animals and spreading awareness through support and participation of different individuals and organizations that care for and love animals.
World Animal Welfare Day was first organized by Heinrich Zimmermann in 1925 in Berlin in association with the Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals, to raise awareness and improve living conditions of animals.
In 2021, the theme for world animal day 2021 is “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet.” This day is no more about celebrating the importance and raising welfare awareness but about people taking a lifelong pledge to be careful about welfare of animals and to stop cruelty against them.
It is important to note here that just caring for your pet animals may not qualify entirely as welfare of animals in general. You must have that bent of mind and compassion for the creatures. However, taking proper care and sheltering your pets and giving them a comfortable living is the least you can do in order to contribute to a better and sustainable environment and society.
Pets can be your best friends. If not, find out who your best friend will be according to your zodiac sign.
Determine through your moon sign zodiac, to address your intrinsic personality, to find out what kind of pets will be best suited for you.
- Aries: High energy, adventurous and dynamic. They need a lively pet.
- Happy frisky high energy dog or puppy
- Dogs: Dalmatian (Affectionate, Adventurous, Athletic), Labrador Retriever (friendly, active, outgoing), German shepherd (Intelligent, Obedient, Playful), or Border Collie (Affectionate, Smart, Energetic)
- Cat or even a Hamster
- Taurus: Strong, dependable, sensual, and creative people.
- Cats mostly, since both love simple things in life and love to lounge around. Like Russian blue or Scottish fold cat
- Tortoise because of ambling nature
- Rabbits: Silky soft and charming
- If dogs then, beagle (Friendly, Curious, Merry) or Golden Retriever (friendly, active, outgoing).
- Taurus is grounded, patient, and somewhat lazy by nature, hence low maintenance hamsters work too.
What are your lucky charms? Find out which of the following can enhance your luck on a daily basis, based on your zodiac sign.
- Gemini: Talkative, expressive and curious natives
- Parrots/ cockatiel – interesting, can talk and are intelligent
- To match their sense of humor and high energy, they might even favor a frisky, playful ferret.
- If dogs then, Border Collie (Affectionate, Smart, Energetic), German Shepard (Confident, Courageous, Smart), Bearded Collie (Charismatic, Friendly, Willful)
- Cancer: Protective, intuitive, sentimental, and compassionate
- Tabby cat: Home-loving, cuddly, and fond of eating
- If dogs, then guard dogs because you have a sense of security for you and your family. Like Greyhound (Gentle, Independent, Noble), Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (Affectionate, Gentle, Graceful), Rottweiler (Affectionate, Protective, Confident)
- Cuddly bunny
- Leo: Loves to be the center of attention, dramatic, outgoing, fiery, and self-assured.
- Cats: Proud, gorgeous kitty that knows its rightful place as head of the household.
- A bird with magnificent plumage, such as a cockatoo or macaw because it has to be gorgeous or exotic enough
- If dogs, Mastiff (Courageous, Dignified, Good-Natured), Saint Bernard (Playful, Charming, Inquisitive), Pugs (Curious, Charming, Happy)
- Arabian horse – exotic and purely for show off reasons.
Music calms your mind and relaxes you, just like your personal pet is a constant feel-good factor. Check out the kind of music you should listen to, as per your zodiac.
- Virgo: Clean and organized, loyal, analytical, and practical.
- Fish in aquariums – no need to fret over hygiene and cleanliness
- Hamster - Easy to clean up after, low-maintenance, and requiring little attention
- If dogs: Siberian husky (hardworking and dedicated), Doberman Pinscher (loyal, fast and fierce), Pointer (hardworking, analytical and sensitive)
- Libra: Peace and harmony loving and romantic.
- Bird – lovebird pair because it embodies sweetness and beauty
- Dogs with affectionate, sociable nature with handsome markings like Shih Tzu (playful, affectionate, outgoing), Bulldog (calm and kind temperament), Newfoundland (loving and welcoming, patient).
- Scorpio: Emotional, intense and secretive.
- Cats- Maddening, enigmatic creatures who think they control the world.
- Reptiles like snake, tarantula or Emperor Scorpion – creatures that others find frightening, but might fascinate you.
- If dogs: Dalmatians (dignified, smart, outgoing), English Springer Spaniel (great energy, stamina, obedient), American Staffordshire Terrier (Smart, Good-natured, Trustworthy)
- Sagittarius: Fun-loving and easy-going, adventurous, good-humored
- Dogs that are outdoorsy and loves hiking: Jack Russel Terrier, Siberian husky, Australian Shepard
- Cute little dogs: Lhasa Apso (mischievous and laughs, comical), Dachshund (outdoorsy, spunky, friendly), Boston Terrier (Lively, Sociable, Intelligent)
- Centaur as their symbol, horses definitely (free nature of the horse awakens your fiery, questing spirit)
Getting a pet for your birthday can be a great gift. Check out the right way astrologically to celebrate your birthday.
- Capricorn: Workaholic, hardworking, self-assured, and independent.
- Guinea pig (easy to take care of, serious, disciplined, and independent)
- Capricorns pet shouldn’t need a lot of time or care coz they spend most of their time immersed in work and/or with clients
- Persian cat (beauty, independence and fine reputation)
- If dogs: Shiba Inu (Alert, active, disciplined), Chinese Shar Pei (Loyal, independent, reliable, calm), Belgian Sheepdog (Sensitive, Versatile, Vigilant)
- Aquarius: Eclectic, quirky, fun-loving, original, and imaginative person
- An unusual or exotic pet: a pet that is intelligent and attracts everyone’s attention like an exotic bird, which is smart, intelligent, and unique looking.
- Non-traditional pets like miniature domesticated pigs or a highly intelligent rodent.
- Cats because of their aloofness and self-sufficiency
- If dogs – Poodle (active, proud, smart), Cardigan Welsh Corgi (Affectionate, Loyal, Smart), Havanese (Cheerful, Entertaining, Smart)
- Pisces: Emotional and caring, affectionate, empathetic, wise, and artistic
- Dogs (pets who can love them back)
- Fishes (meditatively relaxing) - Fish may not be the cuddliest of companions, but since they symbolize Pisces sign, they share a special bond. Like Tetras and angelfish
- Strays off the street, puppies in pet shop windows, and rescue animals all pull at your heartstrings.
- Dogs – Chihuahua (Charming, Graceful, Sassy), Weimaraner (Friendly, Fearless, Obedient), Maltese (bright, curious, Adaptable).