Can a Manglik marry a non-Manglik?
- Manglik just means presence of Mars in sensitive/ inauspicious sectors of a horoscope
- Marital happiness also depends on strength of Venus & 7th house lord
- A weak Mars in sensitive/ inauspicious sectors of horoscope may have little negative bearing on marital life
- Guna Milan & Mangal Dosha may have little to do with marital unhappiness, if other factors like dasa matching, health & longevity check of the partners are positive.
Mars is a powerful and potent planet that represents action, sexual energy and enthusiasm. Then why blame Mars, such a potent planet? Why is Mangal Dosha feared so much? Probably because without a positive Mars, native can have lack of sexual passion or have too much of it. It is also the karaka of accidents and death. A stable marriage depends on several factors like health and longevity of partners, mutual understanding, sexual compatibility, financial stability, and progeny possibilities. But the most important is the attribute of patience. This is what keeps a relationship stable more than anything else. And since Mars is the significator of aggression and violence, you see why Mangal Dosha is given so much heed in Vedic astrology when it comes to compatibility.
Now coming to the question whether a Manglik can marry a Non-Manglik, there are certain things that can help determine the answer depending upon the individual case.
Severity of Mangal Dosha
Presence of Mars in 7th or 8th house is considered most unfavorable for marital bliss. And if any one or more out of planets such as Saturn, Rahu, Ketu or Sun are also conjunct Mars, the combination becomes more severe and can result in loss of spouse, separation and/or friction in marriage. On a positive note, this means that if Mars occupies 1st, 2nd, 4th or 12th house, the dosha is not as harmful. Even if Mangal Dosha is present in 7th or 8th house, there are Vedic remedies that can dilute the effect.
Moreover, Mangal dosha is calculated from three points - natal Moon, ascendant and Venus. You will be a Manglik if Mars is placed in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th house from ascendant, Moon or Venus in your chart. The most severe Mangal dosha forms from ascendant, followed by Moon and then Venus. If one of you is Manglik from ascendant and the other from Venus, the dosha will not be as intense.
Kumbh Vivah is a common practice used to mollify the effect of Mangal Dosha. In this, the Manglik person is married to a banana tree, holy fig tree, or a silver/golden idol of Lord Vishnu, which absorbs the negative vibrations of Mars, saving marriage and spouse from the trouble. But remember, there's no scientific data available to confirm this. It is a good idea to consult a Vedic astrologer for choosing the most suitable remedy for Mangal Dosha
Cancellation of Mangal Dosha
There are certain combinations and placements in a chart that can nullify the Mangal Dosha completely. When assessing the chart for presence of Mangal dosha, the possibility of following combinations should not be ignored. Having any of these placements in the chart cancels out mangal dosha.
- If Mars is placed in ascendant in either Leo or Aquarius sign or Aries is cancelation
- If Mars is placed in 2nd house in either Gemini or Virgo
- If Mars is placed in 4th house in either Aries or Scorpio sign
- If Mars is placed in 7th house in either Cancer or Capricorn sign
- If Mars is placed in 8th house in either Sagittarius or Pisces
- If Mars is placed in 12th house in either Taurus or Libra sign
- Debilitated Mars placed in 8th house
- Venus & Moon in 2nd house
- Jupiter & Venus conjunction in either ascendant or 7th house.
- Mars is placed in movable signs like Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn
- Mars is placed in Nakshatra of Ketu
Presence of combinations indicating Marital Bliss
Mars is just part of the picture. When assessing compatibility, several combinations and yogas can pacify the negativity of Mars. It is important to assess the strength of 7th house, its lord and also Jupiter, Moon and Venus as all these relate to marital and domestic bliss. Placement of 2nd house lord is equally crucial. If 2nd and 7th house are under the aspect of benefics and 2nd and 7th lord are also placed in friendly sign, the presence of Mangal Dosha is unlikely to have a negative influence on the couple. Placement of benefics in 6th and 8th house also pacifies severity of Mars. Well-placed Venus and 7th lord is D-9 chart also denotes conjugal harmony.
Mangal Dosha is just the name given to presence of Mars in sensitive/inauspicious sectors of your horoscope.
Strength of Venus and seventh lord plays an important role in marital compatibility.
The degree of the planet governs how strong its effect is. Mars in infant stage in 4th house will not have much negative impact as it is low in strength.
Guna Milan and Mangal dosha are not the only parameters of horoscope matching. If the results of dasa matching, assessment of health and longevity of both partners are positive, presence of Mangal Dosha will not act as a deterrent.
Like what you read here! You may also like Relationship Analysis.