Visual impairment, blindness and astrology: Uncovering the facts
- Oct 10, 2019
- Pt. Punarvasu
- 0 Comments
Your eyes allow you to connect with your immediate surroundings and to the larger world. It helps you communicate in a unique way, without the use of words or any kind of spoken language. It is said that the language of eyes is the language of heart. They help you in expressing your most honest feelings to the other person. Scientifically, they are your body’s most advanced sensory organ. In fact, a larger part of your brain is disposed towards vision in comparison to hearing, taste, touch or smell.
So, if you are able to read this article, consider yourself fortunate and count on your blessings, for millions of people around the globe are not able to do so. Not because they are unable to comprehend the language but because they are unable to see. Impaired vision, eyesight problems and blindness effects quite a large proportion of global population. To get global attention on blindness and vision impairment, World Sight Day is held annually on the second Thursday of October, which falls on the 10th of the month, this year.
According to estimates by International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB), there are around 36 million people who are blind, globally. Nearly 217 million people suffer from Moderate or Severe Vision Impairment (MSVI). The interesting bit is that more than 75% of all blindness and MSVI, in the world is actually avoidable. But it doesn’t happen like that because of negligence and lack of awareness on this subject.
While forums like World Health Organization (WHO) and IAPB are working towards creating consciousness and alertness among the global population, guidance from Vedic Astrology can also help you in identifying any symptoms of blindness and visual impairment, at an early stage.
Key planets that represent vision or eye sight:
- Sun: It governs the right eye
- Moon: It govern the left eye
- Venus is the karaka/significator of vision Other than these, the planets Mars and Mercury also plays a vital role in maintaining the health and well-being of your eyes.
- In the state of affliction or weakness, Mars, which represents your forehead and sharpness of vision, may give rise to ailments related to eye. If not treated in time, these could even involve surgical treatment.
- Mercury represents your mind, nervous system and sense of sight. If Mercury is afflicted in your birth chart, you may acquire a weak eye sight.
Important houses in your birth chart for eye sight:
- The 2nd house is for right eye
- The 12th house is for left eyes
Significant planetary combinations that causes blindness or vision impairment
The affliction of 2nd house or 12th house, and/or the planets Sun, Moon or Venus in your birth chart, gives rise to eye related problems, which in severe cases may lead to blindness.
- The conjunction of Mars and Saturn in your 2nd house and 12th house may cause blindness, as Saturn is considered as the karaka of diseases.
- The placement of Venus in Leo sign in your birth chart can also be a likely cause of vision or eye sight related problems.
- The shadow planet Ketu signifies cataract and if it is placed in conjunction with Sun or Venus in your natal chart, you are likely to develop cataract problem at some stage of your life.
- If Saturn and Moon are in close conjunction in a house, it will indicate problems related to eye sight.
- If Saturn aspects Moon in your birth chart, vision impairment or blindness may surface.
The presence of Moon alone, in your 10th house also, at times, give rise to eye related problems, since 10th house is ruled by Saturn. The presence of 2nd and 12th house lords in any of the malefic houses i.e., 6th or 8th house may cause ailments related to eye.
Astrological remedies for treatment of blindness or vision impairment
If any of the above combinations are present in your birth chart you would know that there is a possibility of eye problem in your life. Whether this problem is minor or severe, which may lead to vison impairment or blindness can only be ascertained by delving deep into your birth chart and doing a proper analysis.
In case, some major eye disease is confirmed, you need not worry more. Vedic Astrology doesn’t only offer you the insights into the life ahead but also suggests remedies to cure a health issue.
For eye related problems, particularly, blindness or vision impairment you are advised to donate the things which are related to the planet Venus. These include, rice, milk and white clothes. This help treat the afflicted or weak Venus in your horoscope.
If you want to discuss about vision related problems or blindness in greater detail, please feel free to use the comments section.
In case you are intrigued by Vedic Remedies and interested in knowing more about them, please click here