This article discusses important principles for success in Career and Financial Prosperity by taking example case studies.
Lesser known aspects of Astrologer’s Personality & Skills in dealing with Career Queries
Contrary to the popular belief that an Astrologer is someone wearing traditional clothes, with accessories like string of Rudraksh
beads around his neck and multi colored stones rings on his fingers. He would not be exposed to the modern life or could relate to the pressures and demands of the corporate culture. This is far from the reality. There does exist a certain class of Astrologers which is highly educated & computer literate and can relate well with the circumstances, lives and life style of their clients who seek their advice. Such Astrologers are also continuously engaged in research and keep adding to their experience on the basis of what they see around them and the feedback provided by their clients.
Astrology and Forecasts about Careers
One such area is “Career”
where a good modern Astrologer has a great command and is able to advice on various subjects and types of queries such as “suitable line of profession”, “ups and downs in career”, “relations with juniors, colleagues and bosses etc.” In fact, he is also able to deliver good timing to the event in the past, present or future.
For the last two to three years, the world economic and financial scenario is not something great to write home about - be it the subprime of US or the general slowdown in Indian Economy. The jobs are less and the fear of losing jobs is more. Similarly the mood of Corporate World too is not upbeat which is reflected in the Stock Markets’ trends around the world. Therefore under such uncertain and stressful conditions, the Astrological Advice from an expert & experienced Astrologer can really benefit the native. The employee can plan his next job move and a business owner can decide about putting in more money in his business – depending on the kind of events and their timings as foretold by a good Astrologer.
Important Vedic Principles relating to Success in Career and Financial Prosperity
- In any Horoscope, the beneficial Yogas (combinations) have to be found out, studied and analyzed for their strength and nature of blessings they will bring in the life of the native. Some of these Yogas include Dhana Yog, Panch Maha Purusha Yogas, Budha Aditya Yoga and Bhagya Yoga
- Examine all the three Lagnas (Ascendants) - Birth Lagna, Moon Lagna and Sun Lagna and all three should be strong. It is said that if Sun is weak in the Horoscope or is afflicted, then the native can’t aspire for a Government Job or he is likely to have set backs in financial matters.
- For studying the success of Profession in a native’s life (business or job or professional practice) the 2nd, 5th, 9th and 11th houses and their lords must be strong and free from any affliction in the form of aspect or conjunction with a malefic planet. This is in addition to the study of the 10th house which is the primary house of profession and its lord, of course.
- This is so because in Indian Astrology System, 2nd house denotes wealth and savings from the earnings (seen from 11th house). Most of the modern professions require a person to be academically and professionally as well as mentally prepared to take up a career in that line. This is seen from the 5th house. No person can progress in life without the support of his luck and the blessings of his guru. This is seen from 9th house of the person.
- The planets are said to be strong when they are placed in their own house, friend’s house, mooltrikona Sign, exalted or vargottam. Such planets will give excellent results in their Maha Dasha or sub Dasha.
- Extending this logic further if the lords of 6th, 8th or 12th houses (not generally considered auspicious in Indian Astrology) get associated by way of aspect or conjunction either with the lord or the house – 2, 5,9,10 or 11 then the chart loses its strength considerably.
- The Dasha of such malefic planets is likely to cause setbacks in career progression including financial problems.
Exemplary Careers – Case Studies
Let us take a few case studies and examine them under the given principles of Astrology. This is likely to give new insights about the capabilities of Astrological Predictions to the readers of this article.
A. Dhirubhai Ambani’s Successful Career
Dhiru Bhai Ambani was born on 28th December 1932 at Chorwad, Gujarat. He started his entrepreneurial career from the scratch and went on to become one of the top industrialists of the country.
Dhirubhai Ambani’s Birth Charts:
Some of the strengths of his horoscope are:
- Amla Yoga and Placement of Jupiter:
Dhirubhai’s Lagna lord is Jupiter and the planet by nature is expansionist. Fortunately for him Jupiter is placed in the 10th house of his natal chart as well as in the D-9 chart, where it is conjoined with Mercury-the planet of intelligence and representing commerce.
In the natal chart, it is not afflicted and aspects beneficially the 2nd house of wealth, 4th house of domestic life (also called the sukhasthan the house of happiness) and the 6th house of competitions. It is a well known fact that he left his competitors and critics far behind and had a happy family life.
- Gaja Kesari Yoga:
With Jupiter in kendra to Moon, this combination is capable of conferring upon the native several blessings which make him illustrious, overpowering, virtuous, wealthy, intelligent, and scholarly, of royal bearing and enjoys lasting fame.
- Viparita Harsha Raja Yoga
As per the classic Phala Deepika, the native will conquer his/her enemies and be famous with friends. The presence of this combination is capable of giving happiness, fame making him illustrious.
- Dhana Yogas
The lagna is occupied by the 9th lord Sun, which is the King of 9 planets, making it a highly beneficial1 – 9 link. Similarly, 5th lord Mars is positioned in the 9th house. Thus there is an auspicious and favorable link among all three trine houses - 1st, 5th and 9th.
Saturn is lord of house of wealth and is in its own house. This proved to be highly advantageous to him to have a prosperous business with huge profits.
Sun gets exalted in the D-10 chart.
It is truly a rags-to-riches story of our times.
B. Kumar Mangalam Birla
Kumar Mangalam Birla is the chairman of the Aditya Birla Group. He was born on 14 June 1967 in Kolkatta.
The untimely death of his father Aditya Vikram Birla was an unforeseen event in his life which made him take over as the Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group in 1995. Possibaly it must have been a big challenge for him to prove his capability to lead a big empire successfully. Not only did he prove his skeptics wrong, but he also went on to become one of the most successful and respected persons in the corporate world of India. Under his leadership, the Group has progressed significantly, with global operations in many countries.
What are the factors in his Horoscope which have favored him?
- Hamsa Mahapurusha Yoga: With an exalted Jupiter in kendra what more could one ask for. This combination is capable of conferring upon the native several benefits and blessings which make him what he is today.
- Other Yogas
There are powerful combinations:
Jupiter (lord of 9th house also denoting luck) with Venus (lord of 11th house of gains and 4th house of sukhasthana) in the ascendant itself.
Of course, both these illustrious persons were helped by suitable dashas, sub dashas and favorable transit of planets helping to fructify the basic promises in their horoscopes.
- Lagna Lord Moon in the 2nd house of wealth
- 2nd house lord Sun in 11th of gains.
- Placement of Yogakaraka Mars, in third house (courage, efforts and entrepreneurship), is blessing him with strong and fruitful endeavors in his business activities.
- Even Mercury is placed in its own sign in his birth chart
- These and more create Raj Yogas & Dhan Yogas for him.
Some important principles relating to Setbacks in Career and Financial Distress
Even very strong Horoscopes are sometimes prone to setbacks in career; this could be due to factors such as the adverse role of kroor (cruel) planets such as Mars, Ketu, Saturn, and lord of eighth house, especially if they are linked with the lord of 1st, 2nd, 10th or 11th houses or the house itself.
How Astrology can be helpful in dealing with setbacks in career
A good Astrologer can and should foresee such unfavorable events in the life of the native. Not only he should forewarn the native but should also calculate the timing of the occurrence of such events. Otherwise, the person will remain clueless and ill prepared to face the adversities of life.
Vedic Astrology readings of the Horoscope are capable of identifying the nature of events and their possible timings. This will help the native to be careful during such adverse period by avoiding fresh investments or delaying the decision to start a new project or taking up a new job. In addition to this, Astrology is also helpful in diluting the inauspicious impact of planets by suggesting simple remedial measures.
Year is a significant one, as it will see Jupiter – the planet that renders growth, prosperity and spiritual wisdom is changing sign to a more comfortable position of Virgo from the existing placement in Leo. Hence getting Career Horoscope can help a native gain prior knowledge about Career events due to happen and remain on top of his Professional life.
Alternatively, you can also consider Career Transit Report. Career Transit Report offers a special guidance on the areas of professional growth for 1,2,5,10 and 20 years.
Last Updated on January 06, 2021